Tevis Bartlett, April Athlete of the Month
Tevis Bartlett from Cheyenne East High School is April’s Athlete of the Month. Tevis won the Wyoming High School State Championship at 182lbs this year as a freshman. He followed his state championship with a National Championship at Virginia Beach in the freshman division at 182lbs. He is also a Wyoming Juniors Triple Crown Champion, winning off season titles in Folkstyle, Freestyle and Greco. This season, on his way to the Wyoming State Championship, he defeated Wyoming’s returning state champion Burke Burgess from Campbell County to win 6 – 3 in the finals. Tevis is a multi-sport athlete, earning a Varsity letter in football and running track this spring. He is also a 4.0 student at Cheyenne East High School and is also a part of their International Baccalaureate Program. He has wrestled in the Excel Program in Cheyenne for several years and looks forward to competing for Team Wyoming at the Fargo Cadet Nationals in July. Congratulations Tevis!
· Varsity record: 47-4 (27 pins) – Set single season EHS record for most varsity wins in a season.
· Wyoming Juniors Triple Crown Champion (Folkstyle, Freestyle, Greco-Roman)
· State Champion at 182, defeated returning state champion 6-3 in the finals.
· 2012 NHSCA Freshman National Champion (Virginia Beach) at 182.
· 2011 USA Wrestling Triple Crown
· 5X USA Wrestling National Champion
· 25X Wyoming State Champion – Triple crowned every year since he was 8, has freestyle and Greco tournaments later next month.
· He is just shy of 800 wins in his wrestling career (786-103). He’s been wrestling since he was 5.
· He’s been a part of Excel Wrestling in Cheyenne every year it has been offered since he was 10.
· He is a 4.0 student, currently enrolled in the International Baccalaureate program at East High School.
· He is also multi-sport athlete, has earned varsity letters in football and wrestling as a freshman this season. He was East’s leading receiver in the state championship football game. He plans to wrestle in Fargo for Team Wyoming this summer.